Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Up and coming

This week there was the first of the JDT camps.  The camps designed to push you to your limits and train you to be a future olympian.  Once you get picked for JDT you get to pick your top three coach choises.  You dont always get who you want but all coaches our the top level five coaches who help coach the olympic team.   For this weeks camp I didnt go for various reasons.  Yes once on JDT you are required to attend two training camps every year, untill you graduate.  I was only informed of the dates for two camps so at first I was worried that I had and it was manditory to attend this camp,  but then I was informed that there are four camps a year.  The first and main reason I didnt attend the first JDT camp was because of the timing and how close it was to nationals.  I didnt want to have any major form changes before a major tourmament like Indoor nationals.  If it was before state indoor or Vegas shoot then I would have definitly gone.  Reason number two is the camp is being held at the same place as the event of Indoor nationals so I didnt want the coaches that just changed my form to see/pressure me during this big event.  Mainly I didnt go because of form changes and the pressure of maintaining the form during the big event.

No comments:

Post a Comment