Monday, November 16, 2015

Preparation

This week I have been preparing for a very special event.  This event will take place from November 17-21st.  I was selected to go and shoot at the Olympic Training Center (OTC) to try out to make the JDT team.  This JDT team is the Junior Dream Team, where the national and Olympic coaches watch and train the kids.  Head coach Kisik Lee has selected 50 of the top archers to participate and compete for the open spots.  To be eligible you have to shoot a minimum qualifying score (1250 out of 1440) at the distances required (50, 60, 70 meters).  With that you have to have attended at least 4 national tournaments and write an essay.  Once you have met these requirements and you are selected, you will go a week to Chula Vista the Olympic Training Center and train.  You will have to run, essay writing, SPT's (standard-physical-training), do push-ups ( 60+ in 2 minutes), sit-ups (80+ in 2 minutes), and most of all shoot.  I have been training hard and want to accomplish my goal of becoming a JDT member.  Come back next week to see how it went and my experience at the camp.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I turned it in late, I am going to use a homework pass on this weeks blog.

    ReplyDelete